FanFare is comprised of Melissa Martin, Shannon Wentworth, Cathy Saunders and Ridette Atkins. We started singing together in the fall of 2015; however, three of us first sang together more than twenty years ago ... so we must like it! The quartet members collectively have decades of quartet experience (we started singing before we could walk--that's our story and we're sticking to it) and have won twenty regional quartet medals, including four first place awards.
We are the current Region 14 Open Division quartet winners; this division encourages quartets to focus, in addition to music, on professional and entertaining emcee work.
We love singing for groups of all sizes and ages, and have sung for audiences as varied as:
- Arriving passengers at Terminal 1 (Southwest) at Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) a few days before Christmas, as part of RDU's holiday music program
- Singing Valentines, delivered all over the Triangle
- The Cary YMCA Santa's Workshop
- A fund-raiser for a youth quartet in the Barbershop Harmony Society (BHS) who qualified to compete at BHS's international competition in Nashville, Tennessee.
- A Memory Cafe dinner (a group for Alzheimer's patients and their caregivers)
- A private Valentine's Day party in Wake Forest
You can connect with us online on Facebook.